H & H Inspection Services uses Infrared Cameras, the best technology in the industry, for our infrared thermal imaging testing. Call us now for more information or to schedule an appointment. (610) 948-9196
Our certified thermal imaging experts will use infrared imaging, along with other inspection and diagnostic tools to identify areas of concern for your home.
What is Infrared Thermal Imaging? It is an advanced, non-invasive technology that uses an infrared camera to detect differences in heat in your roof, walls, foundation and around windows and doors.
These infrared images, when interpreted properly, point our inspectors towards problem areas for additional scrutiny and inspection.
Infrared Thermal Imaging Can Help Identify
- heat loss and air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors;
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems;
- air-conditioner compressor leaks;
- under-fastening and/or missing framing members, and other structural defects that can lead to energy loss; and
- broken seals in double-paned windows.
- circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement;
- overloaded and undersized circuits;
- overheated electrical equipment and components; and
- electrical faults before they cause a fire.
- plumbing leaks;
- hidden roof leaks before they cause serious damage;
- missing, damaged and/or wet insulation; and
- water and moisture intrusion around penetrations and at the foundation and building envelope that could lead to structural damage and mold.
Pests & Intruders
- possible pest infestation, as revealed by energy loss through shelter tubes left by boring wood-destroying insects;
- the presence of intruders, such as rats, mice and other larger pests hiding within the structure and detected because of their heat signature that the IR camera captures; and
- dangerous flue leaks, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning of the home’s residents.